Trainee / Apprentice
We are seeking a trainee / Apprentice to be part of our team.
General Duties including:
- Ensuring that the children are cared for in a safe and stimulating way and that their individual needs are met.
- Having a good understanding of Health and Safety and able to risk assess the environment that the children are playing in.
- Implement and evaluate a programme of suitable learning and play activity suitable for the age of the child e.g. birth to 3 matters framework and the foundation phase curriculum.
- To foster health growth happiness and development for each individual child.
- To continuously support the team leader in the progress of each child and update their personal development plan.
- To comply with the policies and procedures of the nursery.
- Share information with parent about their child’s day.
- To comply with the nursery’s Child Protection and Confidentiality when sharing information.
- To ensure the core values of the nursery are met and to be clear about their roll and responsibility.
- To maintain a working knowledge of the nursery regulations and code of practice in accordance with the National Minimum Standards for Regulated Childcare.
- To be aware of the nurseries inspection process and to comply fully with the Care and Social Services inspectorate Wales when necessary.
- Training is updated as and when required and the candidate will be required to participate in all relevant training.